Purpose of the job:
To give our clients exceptional service and to deliver quality advice in accountancy, payroll, VAT corporate tax and personal tax. This roll reports to the partners.
- Management of monthly clients.
- To provide these clients with a full range of accounts, VAT and taxation services.
- Prepare the annual accounts of limited and non-limited company status clients and input the data into Iris.
- Produce final draft accounts and tax computations for review.
- To assist with the payroll department preparing payslips and assisting with year end completion as and when required.
- To assist with the personal tax department as and when required.
- To organise workload to ensure most efficient use of time.
- Plan and delegate work to ensure efficient production of accounts, monthly spreadsheets and VAT returns.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with our systems
- Dealing with correspondence.
- Ensure all deadline dates are monitored to avoid clients being fined or charged interest/penalties.
- To train, develop and manage those team members reporting to you to maximise their performance.
- To contribute to our continuous improvement of systems through own experience and also to participate in introducing new systems.
- To keep up to date with legislation and regulations to enable you to give quality advice to our clients.
- Notify clients of any deficiencies in their records and assist clients to improve their book-keeping systems;
- Any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time.
To be a Trainee accountant you must:
- Be technically competent
- Have good time management skills
- Have good delegation skills
- Have good planning and organising skills
- Be able to communicate to people at all levels
- Have good people skills
- Be able to know when to pass matters on to another team member