An exciting opportunity has arisen within Warr & Co. We are recruiting for an experienced accountant, either qualified or QBE. Experience of Cloud bookkeeping packages such as QuickBooks, Kashflow and Sage is a must together with experience managing a portfolio of clients and ability to work under pressure.
The right candidate must be able to give our clients exceptional service and to deliver quality advice in accountancy, payroll, VAT, corporate tax and personal tax.
Our clients range from simple freelancers to funeral directors, surveyors, contractors, property investment companies, and online retailers to name but a few.
This role will report to the company directors and will be based at either our Stockport or Denton offices, at the candidates preference.
- Management of monthly clients, annual clients, preparing annual financial statements, management accounts and other ad hoc work.
- To provide these clients with a full range of accounts, VAT and taxation services.
- Prepare the annual accounts of limited and non-limited company status clients and input the data into Iris.Produce final draft accounts and tax computations for review.
- To assist with the personal tax department as and when required.
- To organise workload to ensure most efficient use of time.
- Plan and delegate work to ensure efficient production of accounts, monthly spreadsheets and VAT returns.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with our systems
- Deal with correspondence.
- Ensure all deadline dates are monitored to avoid clients being fined or charged interest/penalties.
- To train, develop and manage those team members reporting to you to maximise their performance.
- To contribute to our continuous improvement of systems through own experience and also to participate in introducing new systems.
- To keep up to date with legislation and regulations to enable you to give quality advice to our clients.
- Notify clients of any deficiencies in their records and assist clients to improve their book-keeping systems.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested from time to time.
- Be technically competent
- Have good time management skills
- Have good delegation skills
- Have good planning and organising skills
- Be able to communicate to people at all levels
- Have good people skills
- Be able to know when to pass matters on to another team member
We’re offering a great package for the right candidate, so if you’d like to join our team, please send your CV and we’ll be in touch.