We’re pleased to announce our newest partnership, we’re bringing forever free business bank accounts to our clients* – and they’re even offering a free FreeAgent licence.
*subject to eligibility
Many of our small business clients can now benefit from free business banking – plus save money on their MTD-compliant software! This could represent a business saving of around £300 per annum.
Here are some of the great features this account has to offer:
Who Are These Bank Accounts For?
To be eligible for this bank account your business must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a Sole Trader, or a Limited Company with up to two owners
- You have a bank balance of less than
- £100k Limited Company
- £50k for Sole Traders
- You must be UK-based with owners who are UK residents
What’s Great About This Account?
Well, besides being free and coming with a free licence for FreeAgent, there’s lots to love. For example, you don’t need to visit a bank to get set up (handy during a pandemic!), and there’s live chat support available in the app for any questions or queries you may have.
The app also allows you to create, send and manage invoices and receipts – so you have a choice of doing this in-app or using your free FreeAgent licence.
And if FreeAgent isn’t for you but you need to use an MTD-compliant cloud bookkeeping solution, Mettle is also compatible with other leading softwares such as: QuickBooks, Sage and Xero.
This is a really great solution for new businesses, small businesses, and in particular those who are on-the-go, as everything can be done via the app on your iPhone or Android.
Are There Any Downsides?
- Currently you cannot access any government-backed loans via Mettle
- They do not currently offer interest on their accounts
- They do not offer a switching service, but have plans to introduce one, at the moment you’ll have to manually move payments over
- You can only open one business account, so this may not be a suitable solution if you have multiple businesses
- You can’t send or receive international payments via Mettle at this time
- If you prefer to do your business admin on a computer, this might not be the account for you, you can only use the Mettle app
To decide if this account will work for your business you may wish to take a look through their FAQs here.
To apply, simply click the link on this page and the instructions will be sent to your phone. Setup is quick and simple, start saving right away!