There’s been a lot going on in 2019 for Warr & Co – here are some of the highlights.
We were thrilled to officially open our Warr & Co office in Manchester this year.
The Manchester office was established in 1964 as Usher Spiby, and was officially rebranded as Warr & Co this year following the recent merger of Warr & Co and Usher Spiby. The Manchester office is well known for its work with local family businesses and individuals, specialising in family accountancy and tax services. The team in Manchester can also offer a full range of accounting services for businesses.
Our Manchester office is in the Denton area, just 2 minutes’ drive from the M60, offering easy access via car or public transport.
Making Tax Digital
April 2019 saw the introduction of Making Tax Digital for VAT, affecting many small businesses across the UK. There was understandably a lot of apprehension about the initiative, and we’ve definitely seen some teething issues, but the wider change – a move towards cloud-based accounting – has the power to save small businesses time and money.
We were proud to partner with five leading software providers, setting up clients with a time-saving MTD-compliant cloud accounting solution at a discounted price.
We also provide support for most software. We’ll be sharing more information in the New Year about the next stage of MTD for VAT, requiring all businesses who use spreadsheets or more than one piece of software for their VAT returns to have digital links in place. So keep an eye out for our January newsletter – we’ll explain what digital links are and what you’ll need to do to prepare for April 2020.
This year, we felt it was time to take the next step and show you more of what we have on offer online. So we relaunched our website, complete with a variety of new business service pages, new services for individuals and families, and new tools for our clients including tax calculators and free resources. We’ll continue building on this work in 2020.
Warr & Co App
We also released our first app for Android and iOS platforms in 2019.
The app is available for free to clients and non clients alike, with a wide range of features to help with day-to-day accounting and finance management, including:
- Mileage Tracker – keep track of your business miles and save time when filing your expenses
- Currency Converter – with live rates to help you with your multinational transactions
- Tax Calculators – really helpful calculators to show you what tax would be due in a wide variety of circumstances (note that these are a guide only)
- Tax Tables – up to date rates for taxes, allowances, duties and more
- Tax Tips – useful tips regarding some of the most common taxes
- News – A live feed from our Warr & Co Accountancy Blog available on your phone
- Request A Meeting – if you’d like to request a meeting you can now do this via the app at your convenience
- Refer A Friend – simply input a friend’s email address and they’ll receive a helpful email containing our contact details
Exciting Things To Come…
We’re looking forward to working with clients old and new next year, delivering personally tailored accounting services to both businesses and individuals.
Here’s to a successful 2020 for all Warr & Co clients.